2. US Drug War Casualty #21 for 2014: Utah SWAT Team Kills Drug Fugitive in Stand-Off.
4. Creative Destruction II: By 2018, revenue from online video services like Netflix will exceed total movie box office revenues!!
5. The Taxi Cartel’s Government Enablers In Action: Just when you thought you couldn’t despise the Department of Motor Vehicles any more, Virginia’s DMV officials decided to wage an all-out war against free markets by sending cease and desist letters to popular passenger carrier companies Uber and Lyft, urging them to stop doing business in the commonwealth.
6. Economic Recovery: US rail traffic is booming – total shipments are up +4.3% YTD and for the most recent week +8.3% vs. last year.
8. In a comment about this Reason article “How Cops Became Baby Burners,” Steve Horwitz comments on Facebook:
Everyone who participates in [or supports] the “War on Drugs” should be forced to have a large version of the picture below taped in front of their desks or in their cars or in their homes for a full year. THIS is the face of the War on Drugs. THIS is what happens when you declare it acceptable to use violence to stop peaceful exchanges among consenting adults. THIS is what happens when you find such exchanges so offensive that you create Warrior Cops.
Is a society in which people are able to smoke pot, snort coke, and take meth REALLY worse than one in which we light babies on fire by throwing flash-bang grenades in their cribs? I think not.