1. From today’s BLS report on state employment and unemployment: Oil-rich North Dakota once again led the country with the lowest state jobless rate at 3.3% in March. Oil-rich Texas led the country in employment gains over the last year at 329,500, which is almost 1,400 new jobs every business day, and represents 17.3% of all US jobs added over that period, even though the Texas labor force is only 8.2% of the US labor force.
2. More about ND jobs: Women are cashing in on North Dakota service-sector jobs fueled by the growth in oil production.
3. The Chicago Fed National Financial Conditions Index, a measure of risk, liquidity and leverage in fixed income and equity markets, fell last week to the lowest level since February 2007.
4. Amazing VIDEO of the largest glacier calving ever filmed.
5. VIDEO: Fastest way to get through a border patrol checkpoint. (HT: The Mighty Angus).
6. Stop the Insanity: Isn’t it about time that we return to using corn for food and gasoline to power our vehicles?
7. Photo Essay: Evolution of the New York Driver’s License, 1910-2013.
9. UT-Austin Professor Makes the Case for Liquefied Natural Gas Exports: Economic benefits of LNG exports outweigh the costs.
10. Markets in Everything: 3D printed clothing offers a glimpse into the future of fashion.