1. The Miami area had the highest January home sales in six years and the highest year-over-year gain in the median sales price (28%) since Oct. 2005.
2. The Las Vegas median home sales price increased 32% in January, the biggest gain in nearly eight years going back to Feb. 2005.
3. Drug overdose deaths (for both legal and illegal drugs) increased for the 11th consecutive year.
4. New data show that 29 states hit record export levels in 2012.
5. Markets in Everything: Beer tourism aka a ‘Beer-cation’.
6. Consumers are spending, confidence is rising, manufacturing activity is accelerating, car sales are booming, and the stock market is up 10% YoY.
7. US had the best February car sales in five years at 15.38 million vehicles (seasonally adjusted annual rate), a 6% increase over last year.
8. Faith in Humanity restored: High school basketball player passes the ball to mentally challenged player… on the other team.
9. Markets in Everything: The world’s first Oreo cookie separator machine.