1. Markets in everything: The Bottle Charger transforms a used soda or water bottle into a 5 watt charger for a smart phone.
2. Markets in Everything: Hotel in Sweden allows customers to experience homelessness for $10 per night.
3. Houston real estate market is in an all-time frenzy: Home sales continue to skyrocket – by 28.3% in January. Sellers are getting offers from multiple buyers on the day their house goes up for sale. Last month’s average sales price of $200,296 was the highest ever recorded in Houston in a January.
4. Delta Airlines is now using Bakken crude oil as a source for making jet fuel at its refinery in Pennsylvania.
5. Shale gas boom slows in the Marcellus formation, but production is still expected to increase by 30% this year.
6. Reason.tv: Three Good Reasons to Build the Keystone XL Pipeline.
7. Renewable Energy Goes Bust in Europe – Lessons for Obama?
8. Washington Post: Why aren’t more countries run by economists?