1. VIDEO: Milton Friedman on Political Labels and Why He’s Not a Conservative.
2. Markets in Everything: Incredible machine that lays out a carpet of bricks removing back-breaking hard work (see video).
3. The Armed Citizen: It’s Been a Bad Week for Robbers in Detroit: Concealed Carry Holders Fight Back and Open Fire, and Florida senior citizen defends home against three teenage robbers.
4. Vast, untapped oil reserve in California is one of state’s best opportunities to improve its still struggling economy.
5. Physicians go retro: One In 10 Doctor Practices Will Flee Medicare To Concierge Medicine Within the Next 3 Years.
6. Intrade Odds: 55% that Democratic Party candidate will win 2016 US Presidential Election (light trading).
7. Real estate recovery continues in 2013: January real estate sales were hot in Dallas (highest for month of January since 2007, Sales +24% and Prices +10%), Las Vegas (prices up 27%), Charlotte (sales +40.4%), Chicago (sales +35.5%), Memphis (sales +46%), and San Diego (sales +15%, prices +12%).
8. Unintended Consequences I: Plastic bag bans kill people.
9. Unintended Consequences II: Heroin use is booming in Ontario, almost a year after the regional government tightened access to “hillbilly heroin” (OxyContin).
10. From State Farm: US map of the Likelihood of a Car Collision with Deer by State; West Virginia is No. 1 state by far: 1 in 40 Chance.