1. In the latest sign of a burgeoning recovery in the U.S. housing market, the number of metropolitan areas on the NAHB Improving Markets Index rose for a fifth consecutive month to 242 in January, up from 201 improving markets listed in December.
2. The median sales price for Seattle-area homes sold in December was up 18.8% vs. last year, as the inventory of homes for sale fell to only a 1.7 months’ supply.
4. Forbes List of The Top 10 Least Stressful Jobs Of 2013 – #1 is University Professor. Angus responds.
6. From Reason, Lanny Ebenstein’s new book “The Indispensable Milton Friedman” based on neglected articles, interviews, and lectures.
7. Markets in Everything: Chinese man hires virtual “assassins” for a “hit job” on his son’s online WoW avatar.
8. IBD editorial: Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez’s expected demise will be due to Cuban health care and his gullibility to leftist propaganda.