1. Wasteful and inept administrators are ruining America’s colleges. Should we apply Sarbanes-Oxley to colleges?
2. First regional report on December housing sales – Chicago area home sales increased 17.1% in December compared to last year.
3. United Van Lines Annual Migration Report for 2012 shows that Americans continue to flee from high-tax, forced-unionism states.
5. New Record: 55.7 million digital songs were sold last week, beating the previous record of 47.7 million for the week ending Dec. 28, 2008.
6. In this IHS video, Duke professor Michael Munger explains how market prices are like magic, as they convert countless bits of dispersed, complex information into a single summary statistic.
7. FBI: More people are killed with hammers and clubs each year than rifles.