1. Rail traffic for the week ending December 22: Carloads of Lumber +23%, Oil +71.5% and Motor Vehicles +23%, all vs. the same week last year.
2. U.S. oil production for the week ending December 21 increased by 19.5% vs. last year to almost 7 million barrels per day, and is the highest output since March 1993.
3. Pending home sales increased in November for the third straight month and reached the highest level in two-and-a-half years.
4. There is so much activity in the Eagle Ford Shale area of Texas that you can see it from space at night.
6. Taxi business in North Dakota is booming, thanks to the oil boom.