1. Ending an era dating back to 1873, the U.K. just manufactured its last manual typewriter.
2. Timelapse: Chicago to L.A. on Route 66 in 3 Minutes.
3. Markets in Everything: San Diego machine shop sells legally untraceable guns, because they help you make a gun yourself, and therefore no license or registration is required.
4. Bill Clinton earned $13.4 million in speaking fees in 2011, and he’s made a total of $89 million in speaking fees since he left office in 2001.
5. Markets in Everything: The amazing cheap, self-powered all-terrain wheelchair for under $200 from bike parts.
6. Natural gas from shale rock formations is making the U.S. and Canada among the lowest-cost producers of ethylene feedstock in the world – and that status could lead to almost 15 billion pounds of new cost-advantaged PE capacity being added in the region between 2012 and 2017