1. Kansas City new and existing home sales increased 24% in October from 2011, while the average price of existing homes rose 6%.
2. Iowa home sales increased 13.3% in October, and the median sales price increased 5.4%.
3. Orlando home sales increased 14% in October, while the median home price increased 9.2%.
4. Based on a survey of MLS data in 52 metropolitan areas, Re/Max reports that homes sales increased 17.8% in October over last year. The median home price rose 2.1% over last year, representing the ninth month in a row that prices have been higher than the same month last year.
5. Wichita-area home sales increased 35.7% in October compared to last year.