Dear Mitt Romney,
About that WSJ piece. I don’t write to you often, I know you’re really slammed right now. But listen:
- Events in the Middle East aren’t “disturbing.” There is a tide sweeping across the region that has the potential to change the world as we know it.
- What’s happening there cannot be summarized as “major issues,” these are potentially cataclysmic events.
- Sure, Obama isn’t protecting “our people or our allies.” We know that. What would you do?
- We need “a new strategy toward the Middle East.” Damn straight. What is it?
- We do need to restore our “credibility with Iran.” How?
- Yes, we need to use the “full spectrum of our soft power to encourage liberty and opportunity” in the Middle East. What specific tools do you mean?
- “[K]eeping the peace requires American strength in all of its dimensions.” So true. How?
It’s not enough to say that Barack Obama is bequeathing to his successor a world less safe, less prosperous, and less American than the one we enjoyed four years ago. Americans want to elect a man with more than simply the vision to note that his opponent stinks. What’s yours?
Please see here for part 2.